Trout in the Classroom (TIC) is Trout Unlimited’s cornerstone environmental education program in which students in grades K-12:
- raise trout from eggs to fry.
- monitor tank water quality.
- engage in stream habitat study.
- learn to appreciate water resources.
- begin to foster a conservation ethic.
- grow to understand ecosystems.
Most programs end the year by releasing their trout in a state-approved stream near the school or within a nearby watershed.
As of the fall of 2015 Trout In the Classroom is in more than a dozen area schools as well as Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo.
For information email Trout in the Classroom (TIC): David Edgeworth, eggsofan [at] hotmail.com.
To be matched with a classroom to guide on its Trout in the Classroom journey, email David Edgeworth, eggsofan [at] hotmail.com. Thank you for your interest!