Nutmeg chapter Trout Unlimited is particularly grateful to Ron Merly for allowing the use of his Flyfisher’s Guide to Connecticut, on which most of the “Where to Go” section is based (although the book includes much more information pertinent to local fishing, including more fishing and access points).
This indispensable book includes comprehensive coverage of over 350 of the best fishing waters throughout Connecticut. Over 30 detailed maps are included, showing every access point, state park, state forest, boat ramp, campsite, access road and bridge. Also included are hatch charts, detailed driving directions, as well as fly and tackle shops, accommodations, restaurants, and air service, plus where to find Atlantic salmon and sea-run trout,as well as head-to-toe coverage of the Housatonic and Farmington Rivers. You can look inside the book on Amazon.com’s website.
Other excellent books are:
- Fishing Without Falling: A guide to finding places to fish for anglers who require easy access to lakes and streams by Bobbi Kurman
- Fly Fishing Fairfield County by Jeff Yates
- Guide to Fishing the Farmington River by the Farmington River Anglers Association
- Hatch Guide for New England Streams by Thomas Ames, Jr.
- Housatonic Fly Fishermen’s Association‘s Fishing Guide